• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy XP problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FarEast

Most Generous Member
Ok i got this bloody thing installed 1st time no problems but now XP doesn't see is no P&P and when it does recognis eit the next time i boot up it says the card was installed incorrectly !!!!!
Someone help me before this thing goes in the caly pigeon sling!

Hmmmm............

Are you using the drivers that came on CD ROM with the card or the latest drivers from the Creative website? Does it flash a blue screen on the reboot? Just to make sure, did you turn off the onboard soundcard?

When I installed my Audigy with a XP operating system I disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS, turned the computer on with the card installed, and then once in Windows it found the new hardware and started the hardware wizard. At this point I installed the drivers CD ROM and Windows automatically pulled the correct drivers. All the drivers and patches off the Creative site did not work for me and I got botched sound. Only the ones on the CD ROM disk worked properly. I do get a blue screen on bootup sometimes and just hit the reset button and it boots up normally like it never happened. Hope this helps and gives you some ideas.

turboalpine

try doing it again. remove drivers from the add/remove panel and restart system and then install driver again. did u try it yet?

I'd try searching the google newsgroup dealio on this one. I've seen that exact problem around quite a bit. Fortunately mine worked fine off the bat.

Back