• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best air cooling for p4 2.4 o/c and silent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

martindemon

I think i will settle for air cooling for different reason (i was thinking about the swiftech barebone which is very tempting.)
I found a review about a Alpha PAL8942/Panaflo FBA-08A12H combo. The guy overclocked from 1.8 to 2.5 without problem and with good temperatures. I know this can be done with stock cooling but his temps seemed good for o/c air cooling... Is there a better combo in air cooling that will not generate more noise? Would it be sufficient to overclock from 2.4 to 3 with a abit it7?

p.s.: I'll buy a good violin with the money i saved from the swiftech (yeah, i love music too :) )

The Alpha PAL8942/Panaflo FBA-08A12H combo is probably the best noise to performance ratio your gonna find for air cooling. Another option of course would be to get a higher speed fan and use a rheostat to slow it down to keep the noise down so you can turn it up if needed.

Back