• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I found it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

Lately I have been getting high temps and I can't figure out what it is. The temps were fine until I shorted out the psu. At least I think I shorted it. I was putting my case cover back on and there was a molex connector where the door joins the case. When the door touched it, the computer shut off. I't wouldn't work for a day, then the next day I tried it and it worked. Look at the voltages, especially the 3.3v:
whatu.JPG

Since the voltage lowered, is it possible that the amperage raised and this is causing my proc to run so high(temp)?

*edit* Also, shouldn't Sandra display my proc temp right under the board temp?

Last edited:
See anything similar? I dont know why it shows that voltage but it appears its everyone. Maybe you shorted out something on the mobo too? Look for burn marks. lol, dont look at the temps, they are right but its freakin hot in here!!

software voltage programs are know to get the voltages mixed up. However, If you know sandra is setup correct then I'd have to say its creeping towards death.

Tactics

Edit
Damn roomates cookies.

Which wire do I test with a multimeter? I have one but I don't know what to test. Also, why doesn't stupid Sandra report my cpu temp?

SnowBird said:
Maybe someone else with an AMD chip can post a screenshot of sandra so we can confirm this.

You rang?

No problems on my end (Asus boards display 10c higher than others. My processor is actually at 47c, so don't yell at me about it :))

Back