• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF3 ti200 = ti500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Plumpy

Registered
Can i turn my ti200 into a ti500 like I can make my XP 1900+ into a 2000+ (it was by bridging the L1 gaps). I'm almost certain they are the same chip, just the 200 is capped lower. Am I correct?

Yes, they are exactly the same chip just at a slower clock speed. You can use a tweak program liek RiveTuner to overclock it. Ti200's are supposed to be excellent overclockers.

-DarkArctic

currently with my Gainward GF3 Ti200 it's running at Ti500 speeds 24/7, I have no problems at all, no lockups, no artifacts, for benching I have it running at 280/580, which is way past Ti500 speeds.. :)

Follow Up

So all i have to do to make it a ti500 clone is bring it to 240/500? Let me follow this up with a few questions

1. How do the benchmarks of a ti500 and a ti200 (at ti500 speeds) compare, are they exactly the same?

2. Will it still register as a ti200 in my system info? Or will it show up as a ti500?

I understand. When you bridge the L1 gaps on the Athlon XP you can actually make it show up as a 2000+ during the boot sequence. Its just a picky little thing that doesn't really make any difference. Now here is the question that really gets you, is the ti500 capable of higher speeds (OC of course) than the ti200 (Overclocked) If they are the same physical chip then they should both be able to go to aproximately the same maximum clock speed. Is this true?

I agree with that, i got mine GeForce3 ti200 64mb ddr for 83 dollars US. A comparable ti500 would cost 120 dollars.

My Ti200 GPU is pretty good, I can get it to 272 without lockups, which is as good as some ti500s will do, memory is another matter, craps out at 480, I'm waiting for a new PSU then I'll be voltmodding it to break 500 or so.

Road Warrior

lol i have my geforce3 @230/530 and it only gets 6051 3dmarks thats less then the ti200:confused: the geforce3 has 6800 i cant get mine neer that score whats wrong?

Plumpy: GF3 ti200 overclock well for many ppl, but understand that they're not guaranteed to do so. ti200's often have slower onboard RAM that regular and ti500 varieties. I had a Visiontek gf3 ti200 and it only could hit 430mhz on mem - that's below 460mhz of a regular gf3. So, as always the case with overclocking, you pays your money and you takes your chances. ;)

wilhelm310: I think I've heard of that issue with GF3's before. Sometimes when you overclock a GF3 too much it will still appear to work fine but the performance will be reduced. Try clocking it down a little and see if your score improves.

hey guys. i can not get my GPU past 237 without getting lockups / reboots... mem maxes out at aroudn 515 before getting artifacts.

can you all post what cooling you guys are using.

for me it is stock. however i have a 28cfm 80mm intake above the card. still dont know why i cant get better oc.

i tried before to take off the heatsink and use some artic silver onthe core but the plastic things would not even budge. i even tried using plyers to get them off but i had no luck at all.

Back