• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

15,000 3DMarks out of the box?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah how sweet would that be

asssuming that it is real, then I wonder if nvidia will fastrack the gf5 to compete

Only problem will probably be the cost, but should make ti4600 less expensive.

still waiting for radeon10000. suposed to be made with .13 micron procces. That equals exelent doom3 game play. Hope the 10000 is out before doom 3

It kinda bugs me how fast the card markers are producing new cards that blow the old cards out of the water.

..Like the g4's JUST came out, at least it feels that way.

and games still haven't caught up to hardware.

When all these new cards come out people will look at the g4's series and talk about it like a Ti200 -

"I need a new budget card"

"Get a Ti4600!"

When I paid 400 bucks for my card........ it kinda sucks, that a new one will come out 3-6 months later that blows it away and reduces the "awww-ness" of my card.

in other words, I just think there is no need, Games wise - There's nothing out now that a G3 and equivilant can't handle really

- as the world turns- bla bla bla

But i understand that ATI needs $$$DOLLAS$$$

if it can score 15000 out of the box. radeon 8500 waould get its price slash by a hundred or so and this would definitely give a great impact to nividia G4 and get its prices slash by another 100 to 200 dollars.

All prices in singapore dollars, not US dollars. US$1=S$1.7689

That 15000 is great for braggin rights but if you got no games that require the hp its a waste of money. Right after ATI releases that Nvidia will drop a whoopass card as well, and on, and on......

i propose this new computer concept. The NUKE concept

to think Ati can release a card that scores 4000 more in 3dmark. its like dropping an atomic bomb over the nividia company. after that nividia would be forced to pump into more money and try to look for some new imaging technology and dry to drop a nuclear bomb on aTi again.

what these atomic and nuke do? They flatten all other video card prices. Woohoo!I like the video card nuke war!!!

The Radeon 10000 is supposed to be released faster and in the falll/winter

ATI finally got it's act together it seems

and that is why i'm waiting for 10000 because(if you have a fast enough system) it will more than likly hit 17000 out of the box! and imagin overclocking a .13 micron core(*DROOL*) the .15 micron core willl already be maxed out so there is no point for us overclockers. Have you seen the size of the heatsink on the radeon9700? It's HUGE! I've also heard that the chip is quite large too because of the millions and millions of transistors trying to be sqeezed into a .15 micron chip :D .

i'm ready for one of these mutha's already. i just bought a ti4200 and it oc's great (good enough to run morrowind and dungeon siege smoothly) i'm glad i didn't plop down 300 - 400 for a ti 4600. ugh i'd have to stick with it for a year if i did that. but if i pay 500 or upwards for a videocard you better believe i won't be buying another one for at least a year and a half or two.
*thinks of my "top of the line" 2 yr old voodoo 5 5500* :eek:

Penguin4x4 said:
FYI: Radeon 9700=Radeon 10000:)

not 100% true. The radeon 9700 will be made with the .15 micron procces and the radeon 10000 will be released around the same time as geforce5 but will be made on the .13 micros procces. Both chips will have the same technologies but the 10000 will be much higher clocked to compet with geforce 5(nv30 which reportedly has 900MHzDDR memory!) So ATi had better come out with radeon 10000 before then

So that Radeon 8800 is actually going to be called Radeon 9700? They should be Radeon 9500 and Radeon 10500, IMHO:)

Penguin4x4 said:
So that Radeon 8800 is actually going to be called Radeon 9700? They should be Radeon 9500 and Radeon 10500, IMHO:)

from what i've heard there will be 3 or 4 different versions

radeon 9000 (R250 lite)

radeon 9500 (R250)

radeon 9700 (r300 lite*starts as top of the line*)

radeon 10000(r300 *full*)

there may be other versions as well like a radeon 10500 if ati starts to get whiped by the nv30.

Penguin4x4 said:

also keep in mind that the radeon 8800 is a proffesional graphics card already so they can't use that number again. Also this is just some of my speculation. The radeon 9700 and 10000 are the only ones that we know for sure that are going to apear as of right now. but the R250 has to be called something.

Back