• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look at these temps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nismo Nate

It's really hot today and I'm sweating just sitting here...

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my airflow, and I'm guessing that it's the small filter I put in front of my 2 intake fans, has anyone had temp problems after putting a filter in front of your fans?

I think I may need to take it out b/ maybe it's filled up with a bunch of dust.

But I set my FSB back to stock about a week ago when it was getting hot and plus I was playing a lot of morrowind witch made my temps hit to what they are today, and that was after a full day of playing.

I don't think browsing webpages should make my system hit these temps.

Your temps don't sound too bad. I thought P4's ran pretty cool but I'm using an AMD and I'm kinda near in temp where you are. It's pretty hot around here too (southern california)... I wouldn't worry too much though, CPU temp under 40 seems ok for summer. Also if your CPU temps keep going up and you've checked your heatsink, airflow and all that, try reseating the HSF and cleaning off the die and putting a fresh coat of arctic silver on. Also dropping the voltage on the CPU will help, just make sure you don't lower it too much or it will become unstable.

I'm running at 37C for the CPU and 30 for the Case temp right now. I have a side panel 120mm intake blowhole but I'm not using it.... I have a 1.33 T-Bird at 1.50

yeah, i know it's not too bad, but it just kinda worries me, like it just went up to 40c while i played a cd.

I know if i go play morrowind it's gonna go over 40c.

Back