• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok now that Im back to a Nvidia based card, what Driver are you all using?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm using the 29.80's also and haven't had a problem. They are suppose to be releasing the 30.XX's in a week or two(so I heard) and are suppose to increase performance %10. I am pretty excited to see if these drivers actually perform liek they're suppose to.

I just switched to the 29.80's and it seem's fine. I actually played around with the setting's a little more than I usually do and everything look's good. Seem's very vibrant. Might have something set too high, but I'll wait to see how I like it after a day or so. :D

himura-dono said:
sam, can i have ur 8500 with SSS ram sinks ^_^?

My best friend just had twin girls and it cost him a fortune.....Not to mention he has to buy all baby stuff x 2

His video card just broke and I lent him my 8500 (although I overclocked his CPU for him, he is against Overclocking a video card....So he wont be keeping the Silversink modded 8500 ;)

Its just a loaner till he gets a new card....Like a stock 8500

PS Keyboard Cowboy expressed interest in the card even before I had a replacment, but If Keyboard Cowboy doesnt buy the card I will put it up for sale cheap.

PS Thanks for the Driver info People, I've been out of the Nvidia loop for some time ;) Also is anyone still using Nvmax these days?

29.80 crashes my computer like clockwork. had to roll back to 27.xx drivers for stability. course my card isn't exactly current. ymmv.

driver version

2842 they've been stable and I'm waiting before I start benchmarking again. Having too much fun playing Neverwinter Nights single player and RTCW multiplayer.

Silversinksam said:

My best friend just had twin girls and it cost him a fortune.....Not to mention he has to buy all baby stuff x 2

His video card just broke and I lent him my 8500 (although I overclocked his CPU for him, he is against Overclocking a video card....So he wont be keeping the Silversink modded 8500 ;)

Its just a loaner till he gets a new card....Like a stock 8500

PS Keyboard Cowboy expressed interest in the card even before I had a replacment, but If Keyboard Cowboy doesnt buy the card I will put it up for sale cheap.

PS Thanks for the Driver info People, I've been out of the Nvidia loop for some time ;) Also is anyone still using Nvmax these days?

NVmax had a final release a couple of months ago. A guy has kept it going though. He used to post on www.nvnews.net about it to have some feedback. If i find a link, ill pm it to you... As for me, i use RivaTuner, i find it has more of a power user feel to it, great utility.

Back