• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First timer watercooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LordKiller

Registered
I got my case setup and watercooling system in. I fount a small drip in the side connection on the ehiem. I figure all I need is an o-ring or some plumber's putty to seal it better.

My question is which way does the eheim pump actually work does it push or pull water and which is the better side to connect the main line to the top or the side ?

Side = Water In

Top = Water Out

If you aren't doing this already, get some hose clamps to seal the connections in your watercooling system. They work perfect for sealing everything off.

I have each connection clamped. Their shouldn't be any problem going from pump (bottom of case) to waterblock (mid case) to radiator (bottom) to resivior(very top or case) back to pump whould there ?

Ok I fixed the drip with teflon tape. One question though is the system suppose to sound like running water ? I think its do to the resivior. The water out of the res seems to coming out with some force from the tube and makes is sound like a fishtank somewhat. Is this normal ?

I had to get a brass 3/4 inch fitting to go ontop of my eheim pump. I used gasket maker since i had laying around. Its the blue junk thats around the top fitting of the pump.
623-1007-21324.jpg

Back