• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which fans for heater core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Natedog

Registered
I will be getting 2 120mm fans for my 89 Camaro heatercore. How much air flow do I need? I see that many people like panflo's but will they flow enough air? Also where is the best place to get them.

If you put a fan on each side, with proper shrounds then it should have fine airflow- i have 2x 120mm enermax fans on mine-

what about 172mm fans? should I consider those over the 120's?

Not if you want to have a semi quiet computer...... i would truly recommend the 2x panaflo 105 cfm fans-

go for either:

1. quiet fans and run them at the same voltage, make sure they are deep (32mm) because the usally have more pressure and do not make as much noise

2. get the biggest and best fans you can find, such as the Deltas sold here: www.overclockingstore.co.uk (look at the 120mm ones) you can then control the fan either by running it at 5 or 7v or use this or this

Back