• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Password!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkCurentEfect

Registered
The Mother Board is ASUS P3W (its an intel 810E chipset based)

the problem is when ever the computer is turned on it asks for password on the first screen although no password was set on it ?! i removed the Battry several time but it wont work i even took out the Bios Chip n replaced it back still it asks for password?

i cant boot even coz its a system password? what to do :(

i have an option on my mb that could make me put in a password everythime i boot up...ill look in my manual to see if there is a way to disable it...since it isnt the same mb it might not work but we shall give it a try!

i dont know if that will do it or not but there should be a jumper that you just switch over and that clears the cmos for sure

I had a computer that has an admin and user in that same situation with the bios I put the user pasword in and it let me clear the admin's password. Of course it was my computer.

There is a CMOS ic (chip) on every motherboard which contains a readonly software called BIOS. it has it comes with the factory setting, Now if you make any changes to the bios settings they are stored in the flash memory which need POWER to hold those settings that power is drived from the battry on the Motherboard

so if you either short the jumper or remove the battry the flash memory content is lost :)

but in my case that is not happning, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
might be a BIOS code gone bad or some thing

Did you unplug your computer? If you didn't and it's simply turned off, there is standby power going through your mobo which means the battery is not doing any work! Completely unplug your comp and then take out the battery for a few minutes.

Back