• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help on simple mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kooshball

hey guys
im trying to do that walmart neon light mod found here

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92774

and im stuck on step 4:
FOURTH, Locate a power connector (I had an extra laying around), and solder the yellow 12V wire to the white wire that was connected to the fuse/spring. Solder the black to the white wire that was connected to the outter ground and cover in electrical tape!

i can't find any power connectors. what kind of hardware would have them? where can i buy them?

also, how do you solder 2 wires?? im a complete noob in this. what tools do i need?
thx guys

koosh

Wow....... um a fan would have a connector. To solder two wires....... you need a soldering iron, solder and heatshrink tubing- avalible at rad shack- Umm- you take the two wires- stip the plastic off them like 1/2inch, put hs tubing on on side, pull it back- take the two wires- twist them together- solder it- then put the hs tubing over the joint and heat it so it seales the connection- good luck :-D

hm.. ok
thx!!
is the heatshrink tubing needed or just make thigns easier?

koosh

Back