• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my future cooling setup plans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timothy100

Ok, I've thought about this for a couple of days and I want to see what you guys think of this plan.

My case: http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...16-07.JPG/11-124-016-08.JPG/11-124-016-09.JPG

When I get the case I am going to cut a hole in the front of the case to improve airflow for a front fan.

Right now I plan to have an AX-7 hs with a 38cfm 32dB panaflo fan. I would like to have a semi-quiet system (nothing over 35-40dB). I want to put a 120mm lower noise, decent airflow fan on the front for intake. I would have an 80mm 38cfm panaflow fan on the side as intake, one on top as a blowhole, and one in the back as a rear exhaust.

How does this setup sound to you guys?

And what do you reccomend for a 120mm fan?

Sounds like a plan!! You should have positive air pressure with this setup which is good(less dust coming in). If this doesn't give you the temps you desire, you might want to isolate your heatsink fan from your other fans so they don't compete for air--possibly even use some sort of ductwork to bring in outside air to your HSF.

Back