• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI G4MX460-VTP Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ubersoldat

Registered
I have bought a new MSI G4MX460-VTP video card, but i have problems with the TV-Out. I just cant get 1024x768 on my tv. I know that card support it.
My old one Asus V8170 is working just fine on 1024x768. Whats wrong. I have tried a couple different drivers, but it is still limited to 800x600.
Does anybody have any idea what to try ?

You did install the MSI drivers first didn't you? the supplied ones, before going and downloading any others? You probably should clean out all the drivers with detonator destroyer and reinstall the ones of the CD, then BEFORE you try downloading anything later, try those. It has often been reported that generic or reference drivers cause a cards TV out features to misbehave, so stick with the MSI ones if you need to keep that function.

regards,

Road Warrior

Then too, are you sure that TV out on this card supports 1024x768? I believe most of the GF4 cards with VIVO use the encoder chips that only support up to 800x600 on the TV out. I'm pretty sure the MSI Ti series card is like this and I can't see why they would use a better encoder on their budget cards than their high end ones.

TVout

The idea i think is that all G4 cards have build in tv encoder, so the 1024x768 funktion is presented by default for all cards. And i think MSI are using different chips only for TV In funktion.
Well i mailed msi's tech support and i'm waiting for their answer. So thank you for the help.

Back