• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good defogger paint?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mizzery

I went to Advance auto parts yesterday, and picked up some window defogger paint to unlock my xp1800 with luck of reaching higher fsb speeds as I had read some people obtaining higher bus speeds after unlocking. I would also like the ability to change the multiplier.
I thought maskedgeeks method of scraping superglue over the pits was nice so i did that, worked alright. Then came the paint. The stupid stuff was in a little felt tipped applicator bottle. So i ripped that off, and depressed the little valve inside and practically no paint came out. What did come out was gloppy and dried before I could even get it spread (used a sewing needle). Damn those bridges are tiny. Maybe i'll get my sister to do it (she's a painter). I did my best and plopped the cpu back in, reset the bios and nothing. So out came the paint thinner, and I got everything cleaned off and now its all good.
Does anyone have any reccomendations for defogger paint? Otherwise i'm going to get the kit from highspeed pc. Defogger paint costs the same anyways.

I use a toothpick rather than a needle as every time I go to apply the paint is dried up. The wood on the toothpick helps keep it wet long enough to apply. I have also added a drop or two of acetone to the paint in order to thin it a little.

Back