• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sanded L1 in AGOIA 1800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
He sanded too much. The copper contacts are showing. He could still unlock it, but he'd have to be VERY careful not to get anything conductive on the exposed copper.

Why/how did he do that??
I put a scratch in my 1800. It kept shorting out to default speeds. Patched it with some nail polish then connected the L1's...

I think you used a too rought sand paper....when I sanded mine I used a #1000 sandpapre jus to clear out the coating in the cpu....you can also use a pencil eraser... you just need about 1/20 of a mm ........ Maybe you can still unlock it..I personaly think that with all that exposed copper it is very likely that the bridges will be grounded...

This is what happened:
After trying to unlock it for many times without success he decided to conduct a "research" to discover how were the conections below the paint.
He informs that the processor still works.

Ya, it will work at default speeds..
How come you didn't just scratch off the coating on the "dots" with a needle or straight pin? Who ever came up with the idea to sand the whole cpu ought to "re-think" that idea..

it happened once something just like this with me.....
i was redoing the bad unlock, taking it out with some pin but it scraped the xp.. copper parts all around :burn:
veryy close to the last bridge.. but i could manage the unlock successfully.. just had that to take *really* care

btw..*kakao*, voce eh brazileiro eh? hehe

Back