• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aroia, Agoia???????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoNgOkO

I have read some post with the terms AGOIA and AROIA. What does that mean, what are the diferences beetwen them and the most important what is that.

Thwnx

Stepping

This is a code printed on the Athlon XP core. It shows which batch the cpu came from and when and where it was made. Not all cpu's are created equal. The agoia and aroia (newest batches) have the best overclocking potential. Look at all AMD cpu's before you stick em in and jot down that code. It's kinda useful to know...

Yeah, do it before you throw it in your rig and hsf on. I am left to wonder until I feel like ripping it back out. Waiting until I get a new hsf and artic silver...and unlocking tools:burn:

Sometimes it looks confusing....but with a little time you will look at a chip and know everything what it means.....I like agoia beter.....I know that was not the question but I just wanted to make you know...

I Just got my brand new 2000+ AGOIA yesterday!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to unlock it. :D
I havent had the time to even test it yet.

xp2000+ @ 1667
512 Samsung 2700 @2222
Epox 8k3a+ rev1.2
IBM120GXP 7200rpm
Asus Ti200 64MB

jaylarge said:
Yeah, do it before you throw it in your rig and hsf on. I am left to wonder until I feel like ripping it back out. Waiting until I get a new hsf and artic silver...and unlocking tools:burn:

You need to do more then unlocking it, you need to get that FSB up higher and get it going stonger from the start. I wish my MB could go faster then 147 FSB.

Back