• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 700 OCing on a D815EEA board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sundaythedog

When I go to my BIOS, I can see my FSB speed, but there's no way to change it. I heard OCing a Celeron (which has a stock 66MHz FSB) was easy to get up to 83 or even 92MHz. I still need to figure out how though. Any ideas? Thanks.

Also, how do I up my voltage? Sorry, I'm new.

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw Batboy's sticky post; ignore this if you want.

If the rest of your system cooperates, the 700 should be a good CPU for overclocking. I have never worked with any of the 700 MHz Celerons, but I worked with 4 different 733's and they all broke 1 GHz without breaking a sweat. All of them could be coerced into breaking 1.1 GHz provided you had (1) appropriate other hardware (motherboard, memory, etc.), (2) sufficient cooling, and (3) the ability to tweak the voltage. Also, the 700 MHz Celeron is a b0 stepping whereas the 733s I worked with were c0 steppings. Good luck.
Dave

The problem is: I don't know the first thing about OCing. I can't do it in my BIOS(it's locked) and don't know what to do now. I've got an intel Desktop D815EEA board. Thanks.

Then go through a systematic process of identifying your components including:
+ Your machine model (assuming you bought your machine)
+ Your motherboard
+ Your memory
+ Your video
+ Other adapters attached to your motherboard
+ All other components as best as you can
A good thing to do is open up your case and take a good look around. Also, if you download SiSoft Sandra, there are sections in which Sandra will give you information about your components.
Good luck
Dave

I built my machine. I have:
Intel Desktop D815EEA Board.
256MB of PC133 RAM
GeForce2MX 400
Celeron 700
20.0 GB Western Digital 7200RPM HD
Cruddy CD-RW (got that from a friend)

That's about it.

EDIT: I spell like Dubya talks.;)

Last edited:
I went out to Intel to look at the specs for this motherboard and it appears that you don't have any built-in options for overclocking with this board. If that is the case, your options for overclocking are:
1. Get a new motherboard. There are lots to choose from and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding something that runs well at a low price for the other components you have
2. (maybe) see if you can modify your CPU to signal the motherboard that it has a 100 MHz FSB instead of a 66 MHz FSB. I have personally never done this and this will have risk of frying your CPU, but it is an option. Provided you can do this, you can and probably also should do the VID modification to either your CPU or your motherboard so that you can get extra voltage to the CPU.
Since you said that you are new to overclocking, I do NOT recommend option 2. I don't want to see you frying anything.
Two very popular boards around here are the versions of the ASUS TUSL2 and the ABit ST6. I am personally running the ASUS CUV266 and the ABit BX133 with one daughter also running a BX133 and another daughter running an ABit SA6R.
I recommend the TUSL2 and the ST6 over the boards that I have because they are compatible with the Tualatin CPUs and my boards predated the Tualatins.
Good luck
Dave

I'm just gonna forget OCing for now and wait till I get my new system (late next winter). If I got a P4 2.26GHz would OCing be any easier? What's a good motherboard that supports PC1066 RAM, 533MHz FSB and is easy to overclock? thank you so much for the help.

Maybe this could help

You could do it like this:

see the attachment.

Make sure you check what kinds of Intel Celeron do you have. Go here: http://support.intel.com/support/processors/sspec/icp.htm
There are 2 kinds: SL4P8 & SL4P2 (1.7v) and SL4E6 & SL48F (1.65v).

You have to cover BSEL0 pin to simulate 100FSB. Or you could cut the copper trace or line on the back of mobo. Don't cut too deep.
Read here: Motherboard Reviews in Overclockers.com. The article name: "Voltage MOD for PIII Motherboards - The Wire Trick"

You need bigger heatsink since I increase the default voltage by 0.2v, i.e. If your proc. is 1.65v default, it will be 1.85v after the mod, and this could increase the heat. Buy the biggest you can afford.

This modification will speed up your proc. 10.5 x 100FSB = 1050MHz. Make sure you are understand what the attachment is describing about. Always locate PIN 1 and mark it first.

Read here for further studies before actually doing it.

http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/

Good luck.

Attachments

• pins.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 119
Back