• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some Durons won't do 133?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feuerkampf

I posted my problem with my mobo and duron which unlocked won't do 133FSB to the Gigabyte newsgroup. I got a reply that some durons just won't do 133FSB. Is this true? My understanding was that as long as the multiplier was low enough you could crank the bus up to very high levels seeing as this has little effect on the CPU but on the rest of your components.

Does this gentleman have a point or is he talking out of his anus?

Well Durons are built to run 200 (100) FSB but when you overclock you should be able to run 133 and maby more... try defferent multipiers and maby some other RAM settings or RAM for that matter.
Could be your RAM that wont let you go 133...

I've never heard of a duron that can't do 133 FSB with a low multiplier. Mine can do 200 FSB.....I think he's pulling it outa his ***.

I figured he was pulling it out of his rectum.

My memory is Crucial PC2100 so it is rated for 133...Hmmm I'll keep tweaking and I'll see what happens.

133 is not a guarantee. Just because many (perhaps even most) can get to 133 that doesn't mean you'll be able to also. Still it is worth trying at least, just incase it will work.

Feuerkampf said:
I posted my problem with my mobo and duron which unlocked won't do 133FSB to the Gigabyte newsgroup. I got a reply that some durons just won't do 133FSB. Is this true? My understanding was that as long as the multiplier was low enough you could crank the bus up to very high levels seeing as this has little effect on the CPU but on the rest of your components.

Does this gentleman have a point or is he talking out of his anus?

I have a Duron 1ghz@1133mhz folding and the FSB is at 133mhz. The problem i have is that my motherboard wont let me reboot (wont post) but if i shutdown and press the power button, it will boot and pass all the tests so the problem isnt with the chip, its the motherboard... I have Crucial ram also so i know im good to go. Try doing the same thing, it might be your board acting up.

I had my Duron at 140FSB and i have a werid assortment of SDRAM. I have 1 128MB samaung pc133 which is turbo'd anameless 32MB and a nameless 64 which is pc100. I suggest lowering the RAM frequenices ie host CLK-33 or sumin similar.
Hope this helps
Dom

Back