• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AROIA unlock gone bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoGeo

So, I finally got around to unlocking my XP 1600+. It now defaults to 6.5 multiplier, and the multipliers I want aren't working. 5 to 6.5 work, and 11 to 12.5 work!

Anybody run into a similar problem or know what is going on here? All I touched were the L1's and I'm afraid if I "wipe" it off and do it again, there will still be traces of the conductive ink left. Any help would be appreciated, at this point I'm just thankfull the chip still works :eh?:

-George

To me it happend with a 2000+ that the only two mult that worked were 12 and 12.5 and default was 12, and not 12.5 as it should have been. What happend after is a sad story but after about a week the proccessor quit working at all...Ah another thing after this happend I cleaned up all the L1 to return to normal, well even if it was clean I still had the multi open....12 and 12.5

No, I didn't use a kit. So, how could the processor me semi-unlocked? What's the fix?

I've unlocked another 1600+ in the past, and it just had 10 and 10.5, the fix to get all multipliers in that case was just more conductive material on the bridges.

Say, what's a good way of cleaning conductive silver paint from a processor?

I use Goof Off, its a degreaser and I am telling you it dissolves artic silver AND conductive paint on contact.
It wont hurt your Processor and it also degreses the surface since no doubt you put a hundred fingerprints on it.

GoofFamily.jpg

They sell it in every hardware store for about $3.-
Get the smallest can version (left bottom on the picture) with the applicator and just put some on a cloth and wipe your processor clean in 2 seconds.

Its an amazing product.

I'll take your Morpheus and raise you a Neo.

Sounds like maybe there's a bridge or two that didn't connect right. That's usually what causes some of the multi's to work and not others. This has happened to me before... I would take your magnifying glass and carefully re-examine them to see if any look suspicious.

Or, like Starfox said, just start over.

This is awesome advice all. I will try re-examining the traces I laid, and if that doesn't help, GOOF it and re-do it. Sheesh, that sounded like a Ron Popeal line. Heheheh, my Morpheous looks cooler with shades tho :D

So far, using the 12.5 mulitplier it's happily running at 1705MHz at 1.73V with my back up air cooler.

you either touched the little arrow to the left of the bridges or the word L1 with conductive stuff.

exact same thing happened to me on my old agkga 1900+. it would default at 11.0 mult and i could not get any of the .5 mults to work

Back