• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voodoo5500 only AGP2X??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SYT_Shadowfax

I just don't get it... according to my Kx133 asus mb, I have AGP set at 4X no problem. Sandra feels like telling me otherwise though. The box of the Voodoo says it handles 4X but every single program I've used to check AGP setting says it only supports 2X. Any help on this?

once i downloaded them but was unable to install. What does "flashing" even mean in the first place? I'd like to be able to install the latest BIOS

Flash- to erase and rewrite the contents of an EEPROM chip in a single operation- in this case you motherboard's BIOS chip.

flashing is a somewhat complex process- you need to make a DOS bootable diskette that also has a flash util and your new BIOS on it. Boot to DOS off the disk, run flash util, follow prompts, and blammo- you have a new BIOS. Just pray your PC does not mess up or crash during the flash: if it does, your motherboard is toast, for ever. Check your mobo manufacturer's website, they will have a flash util and instructions for you.

I am pretty sure the KM133 chipset only supports a max of AGP2X. The integrated video will use AGP4X, but the expansion AGP slot appears to run at only 2X. I can't find enough information to be 100% postive tho, sorry:D

The KX 133 doesn't have integrated video. Maybe the MB doesn't support it, but then why do my MB specs say they board handles AGP4X?

Thanks for your help

strange,...........................but true........... i used to have the same problem................solution............get a geforce wich kick-*** LOL

highacker (used-to-be-a-3dfx-fan-since-gf3)

the v5 doesnt take advanatge of agp anyway. so if ur running even 1x agp, ull get teh same speeds (at least within 5%. thast the difference between agp and pci cards. the difference is due mostly to transfer speeds and having a dedicated irq)

It may be all that and more, but don't you guys forget when it first came out there was nothing that came close to it in games with 4xAA. Even when the GTS came out the Voodoo at AA2x matched the GTS' quality at 4X. Incidentally, the Voodoo would win at these settings.

Back