• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot unlock my Duron 800!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Odiexx

Registered
Rather, I can unlock it, but something to do with my multiplier has gone haywire.

I have tried most everthing..

I connected all the L1 bridges on my CPU, and I can change the multiplier, but here is where it gets weird.

When I set the multiplier to 8 * 100 I get 800, when I up it to 9 * 100 I get 500, and when I up it to 10 * 100 I get 600. I should get 1000, not 600. It doesn't make any sense. I have an MSI KT7-Pro2-a motherboard, and I was hoping you 1337 overclockers could give me some advice.

Last edited:
Whoa, go figure!

Get this, using this link: http://www.overclockers.com/tips272/

I was able to change my multiplier, I guess I unlocked my CPU just dandy.

Hmm, so, If you have an MSI motherboard based on the KT133 chipset, there is a bug which locks your multiplier at it's default, or underclocks your CPU. This is easily fixed now that I read that article.

Just go into your BIOS, change the multiplier, and while your computer is rebooting, turn off the power supply power switch (the one at the back near your power supply). Flick the power switch back on and your computer should report the right speed.

Before I knew this, my computer would boot at 500 with 9 * 100 but now it goes the full 900mhz.

sounds to me that maybe you crossed a bridge by accident.try erasing the lines and doing it again with a #2 pencil.I had a 800 duron and was able to clock it to 1043mhz but no furture couldnt even get it to 1050 stable but then again i only had 1.85v and a abit kt7a ver1.0 board good luck

Nope, nothing was crossed... Like I said, it was an error in the chipset or my BIOS, anyways, I got my duron 800@1000 at 38-43 degress celcius.

But, just saying for any or all MSI motherboards owners who are using the KT133 chipset, unlocking your CPU is only half the battle.

Which mobo are you using? This problem occurrs with the MSI K7T mobo's.

edit: see the previous post and you mention MSI. If you have a MSI 133a chipset here's the trick known as the MSI dance;
Alter you speed settings in the bios - F10 to save - Y to save - and immediately switch the power off on the back of the psu. Leave for about 5 secs and then switch on. When you post again it should give the correct speed. If it doesn't try it again. I still use a K7T Turbo raid. Its a great oc mobo and I had my Duron 800 up to 1150 with a chiller on this mobo which I cannot achieve with the KT3.

Last edited:
Odiexx said:
Rather, I can unlock it, but something to do with my multiplier has gone haywire. <--MY NAME

I have tried most everthing..

I connected all the L1 bridges on my CPU, and I can change the multiplier, but here is where it gets weird.

When I set the multiplier to 8 * 100 I get 800, when I up it to 9 * 100 I get 500, and when I up it to 10 * 100 I get 600. I should get 1000, not 600. It doesn't make any sense. I have an MSI KT7-Pro2-a motherboard, and I was hoping you 1337 overclockers could give me some advice.

Do the pencil trick :O

Back