• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First case mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For a kit, that one doesn't look too bad. At least it doesn't come with the crappy annoying molding that the PCMods kits do. If you want to do your own, use automotive door molding as your trim, as it will hide any flaws in your cuts just fine. I usually use silicone adhesive to attach windows.

i haven't actually used a PCMods.com kit myself, but from people i know who have, and from reviews it's received, the molding they give you is pretty okay. molding to go around and a rubber tube type thing to stick in between the molding and the window to keep it in place.

but again, i personally haven't used it yet. maybe someone who actually has can offer their opinion?

Why is molding/trim always so expensive when you buy it online? I went down to my local automotive parts store (Lordco) and bought some there. 0.82cents/foot CanadianDollars. The cheapest I have seen online is $1.25/foot USDollars (~$2CDN).

Jeff.

bob_the_d said:
i haven't actually used a PCMods.com kit myself, but from people i know who have, and from reviews it's received, the molding they give you is pretty okay. molding to go around and a rubber tube type thing to stick in between the molding and the window to keep it in place.

I used the stuff on one box. It is a massive pain in the butt to install and have stay in place. The reviews are mostly all glowing, as if they experienced none of the problems regular users have. Cut exactly to instructions and spec, it took the better part of two hours to get the molding and window installed, and to this day any sharp movement of the case causes the window to bow in or out.

crap your talking about that window gasket stuff right cause i ordered 8 feet of it and i dont want to have a tough time getting my window in man ooh man ooh man this stinks:mad:

Back