• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help quick!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

james.miller

can i run ddr400 on my elitegroup k7s5a with my locked 1800+?
will it still boot at 133 and can i then bump it up in windows or will it try to boot at 200 and kill my processor??
please help,ive got like an hour before i go to a show and buy some ram

First of all it will only benefit if other things can handle it. You have a 1/4 divider and I'm not too sure whether your HDD may take it or anything else. As far as I know the ECS board doesn't even reach an FSB of 200. Get back to me.

your right mate.lucky i didnt spend the extra cash on ddr400 cause ddr333 wont even run at full speed
my board only seems to reach 142.never mind.
im still getting over twice the bandwidth as i was before. and my proc is at 1640 instead of 1533.ill get the epox or the asus mobo.then ill really start pushing my components

james.miller said:
your right mate.lucky i didnt spend the extra cash on ddr400 cause ddr333 wont even run at full speed
my board only seems to reach 142.never mind.
im still getting over twice the bandwidth as i was before. and my proc is at 1640 instead of 1533.ill get the epox or the asus mobo.then ill really start pushing my components

Cool. Ya overclocking is nothing without a good motherboard. BTW I never met a UK that never said mate or m8 ;)

Back