• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP2100+ temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomoscan

I've installed today my new XP2100+ on the asus A7M266 with my new VOLCANO 7+ heatsink and what a surprise:
the temp is aroun 60 C in idle !!!
Yes I know that ASUS has problem with temps but I can't believe that.......
How can I check temp with software?
Thanks

Download MBM5 (Motherboard Monitor). I think www.voodoofiles.com has it. Asus mobo's show the temp about 10 C higher than what it really is, but your temp 10C lower is still a bit high. MBM5 will tell you the same temp because it takes it from the same sensor.

Replaced compound, added a fan blowing in to the case and now
50 c idle !!!!
If ASUS measure 5-10 degrees more so it's ok now......
Thanks

The Asus boards use the ondie temps which are really more like 12-14C more than an insocket thermistor during full load. Even at idle it could be as much as 12C more. But now since your down to 50C thats perfectly fine.:D

Whew, I thought I was going nuts, and now I find this thread.

I'm using an Asus 7V266-E board with an XP2100 (not oc'd), round cables, zip-tied and routed wiring, 2 fans up front, 2 out back, a side fan, and a volcano 7 on the beast. Pretty clean looking rig actually :D

After all that, the temps did look a little high - 51 for the CPU, and 39 for the chipset.

So that's a normal range given the Asus monitor? I'll have to grab MBM and compare the two. All I want is the truest temp so I don't smoke it!

Also, quick question(s)... where/how do you hook up the rest of the case and PS fans for monitoring? The board has pinouts for 5 fans, but they're the small 3 pin opposed to the fan's 4 pin plug.

Thanks for the help!

I do have the updated bios and it's STILL reporting the temps. Oh well - no lock ups, no exessive heat, the case is room temp to the touch, and exhaust air is only slightly above room temp. So I'm not worried anymore :)

Back