• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noob to Mandrake question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyMc

I'm a total noob to mandrake so bear with me.
How can you install flash into konqueror? I
installed it into netscape like it said in the readme,
but I cannot find netscape. I go to networking/
WWW and I see opera, konqueror, mozilla, galeon,
but no netscape. Also if I go to the root directory I
don't see konqueror. Any help would be appreciated.

Find out where Konqueror is looking for plugins on your box, then put the Flash .so and the .class into that directory.

I haven't used konqueror in a while, but I think I remember a check box in the preferences that said "use netscape plugins"

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. polypill, the only check box in prefrences was use plugins globally and it is checked. XWRed1, I did install the Flash .so and .class into the netscape directory but for the life of me I cannot find Konqueror in the root directory anywhere. Linux is a whole new world, but so far I really like it. It seems like it has a pretty long learning curve. BTW I have read the manuals and it says nothing of this problem I'm having. Anymore ideas would be greatly appreciated, and I'll keep working at it from this end. thanks

There is a spot in Konqueror where you can tell it which directories to search for plugins. It has not "root directory" of its own, per se.

Back