• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking 14x multiplier on XP2100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Camelot One

Registered
Can anyone tell me what I need to do? I know a normal unlock on the 2100 is different than the previous chips, but even at that, I don't need 12.5 and below, just 14. I would like to be able to switch back and forth between 13 and 14, so I would prefer not to connect/cut bridges to make it think it has to run at 14, just the option to. I read 1 article that said connecting the L1 bridges without first filling the gaps would give you a 14 option, but it said that as a "don't do this, or you will not unlock 12.5 and below, just 14" So I am not sure how much fait hto put in it. Anyone tried it/ know anything about it? If its true, wouldn't I be grounding all of the bridges together, since they would all be grounding to the same piece of exposed copper?

If you are wanting to unlock the CPU, you would be best doing it properly, as further down the line, it may save you a lot of grief.

For best performance, a combination of low multiplier and high FSB is what you should be after.

unfortunately, that isn't an option. I am using a Soyo Ultra Platinum KT333, on which the FSB is limited to 145. I can hit that with the stock 13x multiplier, so the only way to go further is to run 14x. Since 14x isn't an option with the normal unlok procedure, I need to know what to do to get it.

All you have to do is connect the L1 bridges, this will make your cpu unlocked. you will then be able to run on any multiplier from 13 and up. once you connect them you can switch back and forth between 13 and 14 but im not sure if you will be able to use 14 and higher since there arent any processors that use them yet (xp2200 uses 13.5) so it may require a bios upgrade in the future. at the very least you should be able to get 13.5.

The L10 bridges are the ones you need to change to access the lower multipliers and all you have to do is reverse them (from . : | to . | : ).

Great, thanks for the help. Oh, and FYI, the Soyo KT333 bios thats out now has 13 and 14, but not 13.5. So people with the 2200 are having some trouble, but hopefully things will work for me.

Thanks for the help.

I just got a Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum, KT333... and with BIOS revision 2AA2 i can pump my FSB all the way up to 255 although nothing would ever post at that speed.

If your BIOS wont let you set the FSB higher then 145, check their website for updates.

If you cant run stable over 145 fsb then its probably either too much heat or too little voltage. if your temps are over 50c aftr your comp has been running at full load for 10 minutes or more then the heat is probably causing the instability.

If your temps are good (around 40c @ idle or less, around 45c or less @ full load) then you probably need more more cpu core voltage, if your temps are higher then that I wouldnt reccomend raising the core voltage untill you can lower then temps.

Nah, its a board limitation. I haven't found anyone who is running it stable over 148 or so. Just a bad FSB overclocker, because it has onboard RAID, LAN, and audio. Different CPUs, RAM, etc, doesn't much matter.

My temps are fine, below 40C under full load for an hour. And I still have power to play with, I can hit [email protected], increasing voltage to 1.85 to try to go higher didn't have any effect.

ummm.... didnt u say it was a kt333 board?? if so then u should probly try running a lower multiplier and the fsb of 166 because then everything but the cpu and ram are in spec

what he is saying is that at 166 the 1/5 divisor kicks in so it will be like running all of the components (including the RAID controller) at defaults. you should even be able to get it above 166, since you can run at 145 now.

at 145 fsb your pci bus is at 36.25 (at 133 it is 33.33mhz) because it uses the 1/4 divisor. when you use the 1/5 divisor at 166 the pci bus is back at 33mhz, so you should be able to go to a fsb of 181 (1/5 of 181 is 36.25). at 181 fsb with the 1/5 divisor it is the same as running at 145 fsb as far as the agp/pci buses are concerned, so your RAID controller shouldnt have any problems.

Back