• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Brand Geforce4....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gozma

I am getting a geforce4 ti4600, i was wondering what the difference in brands are? Most seem around the same price... but like the ABit is about 40 to 50 less then the the others. Why is that?

well asaide from one o/c'ing a TAD bit higher than the others, they are all pretty much the same.

go for price and bundle, and looks;)

IMO the Visiontek o/c's the best.

and Abit is like low to moderate, but they are all within 20mhz of eachother in mem, and like 10mhz of eachother in core

cards

I think malakai has done a lot of research on the subject... though he was getting a 4400 not a 4600. I think he knows what he's talking about.

"FSB+3dmark=Life" - Malakai and his take on things

I've had luck with Leadtek and Asus-made nvidia cards. everyone seems to love the Gainward golden samples.

the software doesnt matter to much to me and i dont want to oc my graphics card if i dont have to. But if i oc my cpu does that automatically oc the agp slot as well when i raise the fsb?

Gozma said:
the software doesnt matter to much to me and i dont want to oc my graphics card if i dont have to. But if i oc my cpu does that automatically oc the agp slot as well when i raise the fsb?

no it doesn´t - if you go for fsb133 e.g., because then the divider for the busses goes up from 1/3 to 1/4 (should do automatically - if not you should be able to do that manually in the bios or using the jumpers) - so you have no longer 100/3 = 33 but 133/4 = 33 !!! - So the bus speeds stay the same!

pny is what alot of the top 3dmark'ers use.

i haven't seen any benchies on the cards yet so i don't know.

yes, the agp bus gets overclocked with the fsb when it is raised over 133fsb.

but the card doesnt, and why on earth WOULDNT u wanna o/c the vid card???:D

and yeah although most of my research was with Ti4400's (which is a much better buy IMO,they o/c almost as high as Ti4600's o/c), the Vtek 4600 o/c's a little better than the rest.

i have seen Vtek 4600's at 720+ on the VRAM:O

all cores go to around 320 or so with good cooling

After having both the visiontek and asus card, I stuck with the asus, mainly because it has a oversized copper hsf. You could replace the cheesy nvidea reference hsf, which is what most of the other cards have. But then you void any warrenty and you could possibly damage the card. Not something I want to do with a 350$ video card.

Gozma said:

If you overclock the FSB, you'll raise the AGP bus, but that just determines how fast your computer can talk to the graphics card. The graphics card runs at its own speed, determined by the clock chip on the card itself, and not by anything else. Modern graphics cards are essentially self-contained computers, with their own memory, their own CPU (called a GPU in this case), and their own clock speed.

The Gainward Golden Sample cards are overclocked out of the box. My Gainward GeForce 4 Ti 4200 Golden Sample is producing 3dmark scores about halfway between those of a regular 4400 and a regular 4600, at a price below that of either.

I bought the Pny TI4600 with no extras for £250-00 @ www.dabs.com What a bargain I thought, been using it for about 3 weeks. No problems to date, not overclocking tho. Runs Morrowind with everything Maxed.

Acko

i think i am going to go with the ti4400 and oc it then
save me money.... do u recomend the same brand for the ti4400?

get the MSI one, it has better performance at stock speeds than other ones, besides it has TV-in, a big *** feature for the same price IMO ($220)

If your not sure wich Brand get there a good review at Tomshardware you should look at it.

http://www17.tomshardware.com/graphic/02q2/020522/index.html

That a prety good article full detail on bundle with card perfo vivo image quality fan noise .... you should get a idea what you want after reading. Also a guy at the store tell me they gonna stop making the Ti4400 serie not sure if he is right but you might take a look at that if you want a Ti4400 should go get one b4 they run out of stock anyways the Ti4200 can O/C at 4400 speed.

the 4200 is by far the best value, its a huge jump from the ti500 for only 10$ more than the ti 500, the 4400 is 100$ more for a smaller jump and the 4400-4600 jump is even less yet its 100$ more. go for the 4200 its only 138$ shipped www.pricewatch.com

im gonna get the MSI, they o/c almost as good as the Vtek's, are 30$ average cheaper, and have mad nice features, no ramsinks (i have my own:)), and a nice bundle.

the fact that it and the Vtek o/c very well without real good cooling says something about the cards quality IMO

what about that new winfast leadtek geforce4 ti4400. It looks like it has a better heatsink andfan setup. Any info on that?

Bigsexy said:

no it doesn´t - if you go for fsb133 e.g., because then the divider for the busses goes up from 1/3 to 1/4 (should do automatically - if not you should be able to do that manually in the bios or using the jumpers) - so you have no longer 100/3 = 33 but 133/4 = 33 !!! - So the bus speeds stay the same!

or you just buy an abit board, fix the pci/agp frequency and overclock like a mad with a smile on your face..:D

Back