• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The AMD Athlon Just Got A whole Lot Faster!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

AMD CPUs have just gotten a whole lot faster!

nForce2 is here!

http://www.nvidia.com/

and here is the video presentation,
http://www.on24.com/clients/nvidia/ondemand_020715/index.html?format=wmmulti

EDIT: In the video, the nForce2 using Dual channel DDR333 performs 10% higher framerates over the KT333 playing Quake3. NICE!

nVidia officially supports 333MHz Bus!!!!! I cant believe this, nice!

GO HERE FOR EVERYTHING NFORCE2!
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105882

DS-Master

Last edited:
no!, nForce2 is the world's most powerful Chipset exclusive only for AMD! Watch the video I posted above.

The CEO of AMD gives a speech about upcoming AMD products too!

DS-Master

Any Guesses on How long till...

we see some motherboards with this chipset?

I am building a computer for my g/f and I am just going to give her my Epox 8k3a and I want the nForce2.

DS-Master said:
no!, nForce2 is the world's most powerful Chipset exclusive only for AMD! Watch the video I posted above.

The CEO of AMD gives a speech about upcoming AMD products too!

DS-Master

DS-Master I have a question for you, your sig says R.I.P AXIA you will be missed, are you talking about the person that use to be on overclockers.com ????? Or about a chip?

LOL, I'm talking about the old name I used on O/C long ago. I decided it was a time for a change heh. Nothing died on me, my AXIA CPU is running nicely as I type this too you;) I just put that there for old o/c members who remember me by my old name, thats all.

DS-Master / AXIA or whatever:rolleyes:

DS-Master said:
LOL, I'm talking about the old name I used on O/C long ago. I decided it was a time for a change heh. Nothing died on me, my AXIA CPU is running nicely as I type this too you;) I just put that there for old o/c members who remember me by my old name, thats all.

DS-Master / AXIA or whatever:rolleyes:

ooh ,

LOL

Both ASUS, Abit, FIC and GigaByte have motherboards ready with the nForce 2 chipset.

It will be at least a month before we actually see these motherboards hit the market thou.

BTW, anyone who seen the video, did you notice how nVidia used DDR333 for all the tests. That goes to show you that this chipset will have even more potential with DDR400 when it arrives. When I mean arrives, I'm talking real DDR400, stuff that can run at CL2 400MHz.

Using DDR400, the intergrated graphics performance is equal to that of GeForce4 MX 460. Take into note, that intergrated is always a little faster clock for clock spec for spec. Also note that the nForce GPU can allocate up to 128MB of video ram which could prove useful in future games.

EDIT: Anyone who wants raw specs, the nForce MX runs at 266MHz, so essentially with DDR400 Twin Bank, that comes out as;

266 / 400

Not bad, considering it will only cost us about $20 more canadian to get intergrated graphics which might I add can be disabled at anytime.

DS-Master

Last edited:
That chipset sounds mighty sweet if you ask me. I cant wait to get one. I dont want to jinx it but have you noticed how well things are going for AMD these past few weeks? With Barton coming soon, the new Nforce chipset...

I can't download the video since i'm on dialup.

One thingthat concerns me is that DS-Master said that the integrated chipse will perform like a GF4MX. In my opinion the GF4MX series was a complete waste. there just hoped up gf2's without any of the new GF4 features (vertex shaders etc...) Most GF3's will outperform the GF4MX's.

Does the chipset have the newer features for the GF4's? I'm running a 4600 and would not like to go backwards in performance.

Gonna have to do some research before i buy.

well u can disable the onboard video and put that 4600 in their ( overclocked i hope ), and get some sweet memory bandwidth + its got the whole hyper transport thing :beer: :beer: :beer:

He clearly sais, that there will be a mobo with NO integrated graffix, just the Nforce2 northbridge, like a VIA KT333 chipset...

Nice. I was wondering if the Nforce would have an advantage over other chipsets with an external Nvidia card. Guess I'll keep my eyes open.

Did it say anywhere if the integrated chipset will include the newer GF4 features (dual shaders etc...) or will it be at the MX performance level?

Back