• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

one of my friends' xp 1800's wcpuid thing is wierd..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm mine is running at 1736 Mhz and it just says AMD Athlon. Maybe wincpu is just 'guessing' its a 2100+ which runs at 1733 Mhz. Maybe its Windows XP guessing? Is the CPU unlocked?

Either way theres nothing wrong with the chip.

-Rav

My board, windows, and wcupid say that mine is a 1900+ when it is actually a 1700+. Thats just because it is guessing from the mhz speed.

Edit: opps sorry, it was said awhile ago.:D

Last edited:
it says yours is a 1900+ because a 1900+ is 1.6ghz and thats what your 1700+ is at...

Thats perfectly normal. WCPUID will recoginze the processor thats overclocked as whatever speed it is at.

Lt. Max said:
ok cool i was just wondering why it does that :) hey are lower multipliers unlocked factory default or what do u havta do to get them?

To get any other multipliers beside the stock one you have to unlock the cpu, by connecting the L1s and filling the gap.

Back