• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce MX 64mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miknow

Im planning to get a Geforce 2 MX 400 or 200 because my Radeon sucks with Diablo 2(I got new drivers and reinstalled) but I dont know what difference is the MX 400 or 200? Im planning to spend around $80 and dont know what to get. I play games mostly but I dont want the Voodoo cards. Any suggestions?

Miknow (Jul 19, 2001 10:31 p.m.):
Im planning to get a Geforce 2 MX 400 or 200 because my Radeon sucks with Diablo 2(I got new drivers and reinstalled) but I dont know what difference is the MX 400 or 200? Im planning to spend around $80 and dont know what to get. I play games mostly but I dont want the Voodoo cards. Any suggestions?

The MX-400 is the better of the two cards. The MX-200 was crippled, targetted for the bottom end of the market.

Miknow (Jul 19, 2001 10:31 p.m.):

MSI GeForce-2 MX-400 64mb SDRAM is one hell of a card for the money, got mine on sale for $80. I am getting awesome scores on all benchmarks. It overclocks real good also. I attached my old coolmaster fan (don't we all have one?) on it's heatsink and it is working like a champ.

the geforce 2mx 200 is the slowest
stay away from it,buy the original instead(ie just geforce 2mx)
the 400 runs a slightly higher core speed
but this translates into not much improvements
if u can get one as cheap as an original
go for it

Back