• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system and alot of problems HELP ME

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabroni1m

I finally stole my dads power supply and put the mobo in. Then I put the cpu and hs on. Then stuck in my stick of ddr. Then stuck in my graphics card. I hooked the little 4 pin power cord in and also the big one. Then I turn on the computer and the led inside starts to go through numbers and then stops and starts beeping like crazy on A7. There is no A7 listed on the manual I printed out. What should I try? All yea the mobo is a BD7 refurb from newegg and the chip is a 1.6a.

6 views and no advice. I know I know, its late and not many people have seen it yet, but I need help fast, I only have 25 days left on the newegg return policy. Has anyone ever had the problem on any computer where the monitor doesn't even turn on or nothing? What can I do.

I had the same problem with my BD7 board. I found out that it is normally because the memory is not pushed in all of the way, even though it seems that it is.

In the end I had to force the memory in, and after a few goes it eventually worked...

hi, i also bought a refurbed mobo from newegg and i RMA'ed it! my mobo powered on but nothing happens to the screen and there is no heat on the cpu, vid card and northbridge. i also had no beeps....i think u should RMA it and just buy a new board if u cant fix it. i went to my local comp store to figure what was wrong. im guessing newegg only test for power on returns and stuff. hope this helps....if u want to RMA it u have to ship it back to newegg and they will refund ur money since u have that 30 day warranty! get a RMA refund, u wont get restocking fees....

Is see you have a Northwood? I took a look around, and it seems to be related to the BIOS not recognising the Northwoods. You will have to flash the BIOS using a Willamette CPU, or try to get a replacement BIOS chip. Or get newegg to flash it for you ofcourse :d

Well I am about to go take the memory out again and put it in a little harder, and I will also use my dads willy to see if she will start. If she starts up, what bios should I flash to?

Back