• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I make a mistake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

charles

Registered
I just bid on a p/4 600w robanton ps 42$ at price watch was that a mistake? Is it a good or fair ps ?

$$$$

My friend got one for under 48 bucks... I got a power supply from them and its great... Looks like I will get the ps for 42 bucks that includes shipping

Well, it certainly appears to be powerful. Combined 3.3v and 5v is 300W. i'd say thats more than enough. As long as it can keep voltage levels consistant and puts out what it says it can, it should be all good. Let us know how it performs when you get it.

EDIT: one last thing. Do the nice name brand psus label themselves according to their max power or RMS power? I've noticed a trend with cheap stereo equipment when they claim to be 1000W systems, but it's really 1000W MAX power output when everyone else labels it with RMS power output.

Anyways, that site made sure to mention that that is the maximum power it can put out. I've never thought to check if other psus use max power or rms power.

Back