• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remote controlling a pc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eXtraktor

Is there a way without any software to have complete control over my second pc? I know of Pc anywhere but i'd like something free instead:D I have WinXP on my pc and WinMe is on the other. I'd like something like remote assistance in MSN messenger.

SnowBird said:

Thanks alot Demont, that search button seems to be invisible to some of us, lol. Thanks again.

No prob, I have gotten this program up and running recently and it is beyond useful, as you can imagine... I have only one working monitor right now for my main computer and then 2 SETI rigs. :D

I would have loved to use remote desktop included in winxp... i set it up on the other machine but when i try to connect is says it cant connect. I'm gonna try that VNC program.

Well, apperently you cant control a pc with remote desktop if its running anything other than winXP. VNC is very sluggish, it does work well though but still very sluggish...

My pc (client) the one in my sig and the other one is a Duron 1.3ghz with 256mb of Crucial DDR ram all that on a network... Did i say it was sluggish? If anyone has a better program, plz say so :D

SnowBird said:
Well, apperently you cant control a pc with remote desktop if its running anything other than winXP. VNC is very sluggish, it does work well though but still very sluggish...

My pc (client) the one in my sig and the other one is a Duron 1.3ghz with 256mb of Crucial DDR ram all that on a network... Did i say it was sluggish? If anyone has a better program, plz say so :D

well ok you cant play counterstrike on a remote machine very well( i tried :D) but at least it works, and it isnt a bloated ram hog, and thats all i care about..

Demont said:

well ok you cant play counterstrike on a remote machine very well( i tried :D) but at least it works, and it isnt a bloated ram hog, and thats all i care about..

Hehehe, true but i was hoping it wasnt slow, its as if the other pc is on a 56k modem. But it works and thats what matters i guess.

I just installed it, and with some tweaking I am now able to connect to my computer at home from my computer at work. The tweaking was needed because we have a very very restrictive firewall here. But now it workd :D I am a very happy man :D

Back