• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking AGOIA 1700+ (green)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CanadianJuggalo

Registered
in my sig b4 i dunno if anyone noticed but i was under the impression my stepping was aroia. While doing some cleaning inside my case tonite i decided to double check the stepping of my Green Boxed 1700+ and to my surprise and utter disbeleif, ITS AN AGOIA! the exact reading of the die is AGOIA0215 and the next line starts with a 9. any thoughts on this CPU i would greatly appreciated. Now im thinking i want to unlock it and try to use this PC2700 DDR i baught to its potential BUT 2 things come to mind. Right now this 1700+ is running @ 1787mhz @ 1.85v core, should i Vmod and unlock (because my mobo only goes to 1.85v) or should i just unlock and see where it gets me? and secondly when i POST @ 166mhz FSB my temp sits about 105F and i have YET to get it into windows @ anything past 163mhz FSB and when i do POST @ anything higher than 163 im met with XP "bsod"ing about ASPI or something to that effect. please any help or insight you can offer is GREATLY appreciated and thanks for reading my post

glad to see you got a sweeter stepping....alright

since its a 1700, the vcore is pretty low already...so 1.85 should get you pretty high, so hold off on the vmod for now. you prolly want to unlock it though, that way you can pump the fsb alot more. and since its an agoia 9, you prolly wont get MUCH better than 1787mhz, but you will get more...the fsb will help alot more if you can drop the multi..also...you might think about upgrading your cooling, because thats pretty warm. as you can see i have a tbird 1.33 running low 30 C, and they are alot hotter than a 1700...so you might check out newegg...and pick one up...the alpha 8045 is a really good bet...the thing with the alpha, its alum, so you can have a lower speed fan, and still have it perform well. its $49 for heatsink and fan check this out and see if thats possible for the budget (i dunno what your standpoint is so its just an idea)

that motherboard should be able to overclock a bit, so dont vmod just yet

thanks for the suggestions and i think this weeks paycheck means alpha time...im particularily interested in the PAL8045U. Should i get another fan for it? maybe an 84 cfm vantec 80mm and just the 8045T? also what do you think is causing the BSOD @ XP boot? the heat?
also ive noticed @ 163mhz FSB i get kicked to the desktop in 3dmark and when i play UT @ 163mhz FSB i get a BSOD and a reboot. strange

thanks for all your help and i would like to say since ive become a member of this board ive been shown nothing but kindness and friendlyness and its just a great get away from the everyday one up manship in this area of technology

Back