• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good for XP 1800+ ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGhengisKhan

BANNED TROLL -Per Silversinksam
OCmbm.gif

this is while Folding (hence the 100%), after about 2 hours. I leave my AC on 24/7 (since I don't have to pay electric bills in military housing) so ambiant is about 55F (sys is air-cooled)
the big question is, who wants to donate a good mobo/PSU to see what I can really squeeze outta this thing? I'm using a 300w PSU on my SOYO K7ADA mobo (yea, I know it sucks for OC'ing, but $$$ sucks)

I like the temps. Well, overclocking usually starts at a good motherboard but the stepping of the chip really matters too :D What stepping is that BTW?

:confused: I knew someone was going to ask me that:eh?:
I'll get back to you on that tonight, the UPS guy is on the way to my house with my HS, Shim, & AS3 so I'll look then, I just don't wanna pull my current HS off untill I have the AS3 to put on it.

yeah thats not bad at all.how on earth did you get your cpu that low with a stock heat sink?
and yeah that psu sucks. what happening with your 12v???

well, my MBM isn't completely accurate with the voltages, the temps are right (they match the ones in BIOS) the stock HS isn't bad in my case, it is copper, and has alot of fins and it doesn't hurt that i've to 2 80mm fans blowing directly on the HS ;) and a 120mm 115V, 60Hz, 240cfm intake fan, along with 4 80mm exaust fans so as far as air-cooled goes, I think I've got it working as cool as it will go (it doesn't hurt that I've got my A/C right above my case, set on high cooling 24/7, blowning down at the case, keeping the room temp cold enough to wear a sweater year-round)

Thats sad for a 1800+, I have the same setup with a 1700+ and get almost the exact same Mhz that you do. You should be able to get that thing close to 1.7 even though it is locked.

The 5V line is what bothering me, it seems to be extremely high, and if i'm not mistaking can hurt/damage your components, that could be also the reason why your +12V rail is so low

Yea, the voltages worried me too, so I checked all of them with my multi-meter, the 12V is actually 12.01 when MBM says 11, and the 5V is actually 5.1, not 6.17 so it's just a problem with the MBM reading the voltages.
As for how much I can overclock it, on this mobo, 1612 is about as high as I can get it (and still be stable) on this POS, I'm in the process of trying to get a better one.

those really are nice temps check this ....I got a lian le Alu case with 2x 80mm exhaust, 1 top 1 back and 2x 80 intake front, all on molex hence no readings. I am not happy with the temps I am getting and PRIME 95 is not happy with setup. I currently use coolermaster 'HIGH PERFORMANCE' H/s compound. I am getting a Delta, some as3 and rounded IDE's. Hoping for better results

allright!!!!!! I'm :burn: now!!!
got my ASIII, HS, and Shim, popped them in when I got home from work earlier, and OC'd a little more, and increased my core voltage a bit, woohoo :D imediate results!!!! BTW, I also fixed the prob with my MBM, so it's showing (Closer to) the correct voltages.
LowHeat.gif

also, the stepping on my chip is AGKGA Y anyone know if this is good or not? ;)

EDIT:
this is as fast as I can get my XP 1800+ to go on this mobo without unlocking, so guess what my next step is??

Maybe someone has advice for me. Im new at this oc buisness. with a AMD XP 1800, MSI KT333, samsung 2700, 256. I Can turn the FSB up to 140 at 1616mhz after that things become unstable. I leave all voltages at auto in bios. also have MSI G4MX440 video. any advice on how to run faster and stable.

Zuuk,
when I left my voltages in auto, that was as high as I could get mine to be stable also, try manually setting your voltages a little higher, and see if that doesn't help with your stability problem.

Oni no Oni,
I know what you mean, my damn SoYo K7 ADA mobo will only let me set my clock up to 146, and multiplyer up to 12.5 (once I unlock my cpu) leaving me with a top-out of the 1689 I'm currently at, or a top of 1836 when I unlock it. :mad:
So obviously I need a new mobo, but I won't have the $$ for that for another couple months, uless I can win one of these contests I've been entering to win a new one :D

Back