• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ELSA GLADIAC 920 reinstall problem. Major FPS drops! HELP!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G T i

Registered
I just recently brought a P4 1.7 system (intel board). After office2k crashed my computer (unable to boot even to safe mode)! I was forced to reinstall the OS (Win ME). Everything works fine but my video card (ELSA GLADIAC 920 GeForce 3). I installed the AGP drivers for the intel board. Then the lastest drivers from Nvidia's website. Then DirectX 8. When I loaded up CS (yes CounterStrike). I noticed the max fps to hit 99+, which was normal. But as soon as the action starts. It drops to 50 fps. The fps never dropped like that before the reinstall. Am I doing something wrong? I even tried all the drivers, etc from the CDs that came with the computer. But still it does the samething. I even went for Win98SE, samething. I email ELSA, but they have yet to give me a fix. For those who are waiting to buy a GeForce 3, WATCH OUT! Please Help!

G T i

well.......during gameplay the fps drops...that's normal as there are more moving things once the game starts

correct me if i m wrong.....

Back