• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VIDEO CARD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Autolectrician

Registered
I need some info on a video problem i have an old monitor 50-80 hz I got a card from a buddy that has an sis 300-305 chip when i put it in my puter and load the drivers... the screen is all scrambled! So i tried new drivers...same thing then i looked at the disk and it said will support 480-600 res at 56-160hz now does this mean it will not support my monitor? I am stuck have tried all i know to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated. THANKS..

the card is putting out signals the monitor can't handle. When you install the drivers, it defaults to a setting the monitor doesn't like. You have one of 2 options. If you have access to another monitor, plug it in with the card and drivers installed. Change the settings to something your monitor will agree with (something like 800x600 and 16 bit) then plug your monitor back in. You don't have to turn the machine off to switch monitors, so a couple quick changes and you should be up and running in no time.

The other option would be use the card with VGA or Super VGA drivers. Not as nice, but at least it's useable.

Hope this helps.

Back