• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 7VRXP overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoParodoxx

Registered
I just bought a Gigabyte 7VRXP and was wondering if people were having any luck overclocking on it I was hoping to get a good clock. I have a Shuttle AK31 v1.1 and could get 161mhz fbs on it. But I haven't been able to get past 143 with this new board.

If anyone has had luck let me know your mem. and voltage settings

Thanks

I couldn't get mine over 145 even with an unlocked cpu but it's probaly because of the psu, either way just rma'ed mine because a friend of mine was having major problems with his GF4 on it. I also read about a lot of problems with this board. I here a lot of good stuff about epox, asus and abit though.

I too just picked up the GA7PRXP. I just started adjusting the FSB. I am currently at 137 FSB running stable at 42c @idle.I hope to get to 140 by this afternoon. I read about problems with v1.0, so be sure your board is v2.0.

Good Luck
RT

Yeah, I have the newer version. I don't know what the deal is.

My friend has the Epox board and we compared chips on it and they have the same one, week and stepping and his will do 200mhz but I still can't get past 143!?! I did notice a area next to the upper pci slots where it looks like they could have put jumpers or switches to run it at 200mhz and keep the pci/agp ratios at spec.

Well, I have my FSB to 140. Maybe tomarrow night, if all goes well tonight, Ill try 143 or more. Ill be in touch. I was having problems with the CPU temp. I pulled my case apart to look at the sensor on the HSF and found the fan on my brand new Volcano 7 was mounted backwards. Turned it around an it dropped 3c.

Good Luck
RT

Problems!!!

Ran smooth at 140 FSB, but then it started acting up. It will shutdown every 2hrs or so. If I max the CPU out, Say 90 or 95% load, shuts down.....restarts!!!!:confused: I dont know what to do.

Reached 166mhz!!!

I had to mess with the settings alot but figured it out

High performance- disable
Fast command- Normal
Detect speed- on
Cas- 2.5
Latency- 2

I have it running @ 1.411 or 8.5x 166. I know this cpu can do 1.533ghz on my old Shuttle board but for some reason it won't on here. My score in SiSandra is:

133/166 @ 1400= 1950/1910 settings: off-Ultra-2.5-1
166/166 @ 1411= 2123/2032 settings: off-Norm.-2.5-2

I'm going to buy so Corsair mem. 2-3-3-5-1 stuff and see if I can run it on the max settings. I'm thinking it will be around the 2300 to 2400 mark.

Ohh yeah I forgot to get to 166 I slowly went up the FBS ex. 145 150- 153- 155- 160- 166. When I tried to just jump right to it the system would give me the BSOD.

AGP-PCI divider??

I noticed that there is a small graph and empty space for switches next to the pci slots. The graph has settings for 166mhz and 200mhz fbs so the pci and agp will run stock speed.

Has anyone tried to get this to work or know how to make it work since there are no switches installed.

PCI AGP

the board is the same that will be used for the 7VAXP - KT400, hence only the bios and the clock generating crystals need to be re-programed through the bios. Note the VRXP has 2 clock generating chips, one for FSB and one for mem, as it can run Async. Most only use one ICS chip.

Hey ive got a Gigabyte 7RVXP mobo with an Athlon Xp 1900+ Agoga -Y and am trying to oc it, but dunno where to start on this gigabyte boad. I dont see any multiplier settings in the bios or anything, so I do I oc this board? Im looking to be able to OC my FSB and increas some cpu mhz. Any help would be apreciated.

raventy said:
Hey ive got a Gigabyte 7RVXP mobo with an Athlon Xp 1900+ Agoga -Y and am trying to oc it, but dunno where to start on this gigabyte boad. I dont see any multiplier settings in the bios or anything, so I do I oc this board? Im looking to be able to OC my FSB and increas some cpu mhz. Any help would be apreciated.

If you have unlocked your CPU, the multiplier settings are by dip switches on the motherboard. OC FSB is available within BIOS. There is also a jumper to choose the starting point of the FSB, either 100MHz or 133MHz. You might want to set it at 133MHz for OC.

currently my FSB is set to 133mhz, as it is what youd want it at even when not ocin a XP.. Ok I found the switches but when I look at the table printed on the mobo it only has the switch settings for up to 12.5 mult... how can I find out the mult settings past 12.5?.. LOL i havent looked in the manual yet.. is it in their?

ok dude, hear is the low down. i have had my ga-mobo to 152 f.s.b when i borrowed my friends 2700 ram. but when i tried to go for the real high f.s.b i would get this message when i boot, wide range protection error. if you notice in the bios for this mobo you can hit f8 to set up your dual bios and in hear you will see this wide range protection enable/disable. but when i try to disable this feature,then reboot, the secondary bios just rerights the first.i think wat is happening is the bios for this mobo is programed to auto recagnize the componants you are useing. for example i unlocked my c.p.u and if i set the malti to 10 @ 133 the boot sais 1500xp if i set to 10.5@133 it sais 1600xp if i set to 11.0 @ 133 it sais 1700xp ect. i think the bios recognizes us trying to use settings that are out of range then the mobo just reboots and rerights bios. if i figure out how to get by this i will let you know. pease wiz.:D

Is any one else out there having problems setting up the RAID with Win XP pro???? I keep getting some error 18 line 2108 or some sh*t like that. Ive only had this board 2 days and so far I like it except for that one little problem. Any suggestion?!?!?!?!?!

i have a gigabyte 7vrxp ver 1.0 for me t's great havn't had many problems but i don't much from it. i'm running at 148fsb on a locked xp2100. wich is 1925mhz. thats with memory timing at ultra, cas 2.,and t1 timming. and they deal with the dual bios rewritting it's self, i have no clue have you tried to turn off the auto protection. their is only i think a setting for 13+ multiplyers, but i think if you set it to 13+,that you can use gigabytes easytune 4 to adjust it to what u want.

Im not impressed at all with the easy tune 4, it wouldnt let me get passed 138 FSB but I uninstalled it and took it up to 144FSB with no problems. I took it back down to default until I get this processor broke in a little. My wife would kill me If I killed this processor (Im a soldier in the Army cant afford to go out and buy another one just yet)

Back