• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS keeping me from OC'ing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maddmaxx72

Registered
I can run my computer stable with factory setting. When I get my FSB up and run Sandra Burn in (CPU and CPU Multimedia) it runs fine..but when I try to run 3DMark I crash and reboot. I am hoping it is the RAM (I have better RAM on the way) but....is there any way this is powersupply related? I am running 4 80mm fans off the powersupply. I have a 300w now and I need to get better but Im stationed in Bosnia and it takes FOREVER to get mail, thats if I can find someone who will ship APO. Thanks for any insight

My first suspect would probably be heat causing your trouble. It is possible that the 300w is causing you problems, but the first thing to try is backing off the FSB 1 step at a time until you get stable. Antec PSUs are usually pretty dependable.

Back