• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec True Power PSU "I did not realize...."

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
Alot of you might say DUH!, but I did not know that the two fan only connectors varied fan speed with system temp. I just took my 7v mod pass through off my Tornado and hooked it to one of the connectors, wow.... super quiet. Not a bad feature at all, I like it. I would still rather use a rheo(when I can find time I am going to hook mine up), but nice if you dont want to use one, or just want to quiet your fan down.

What is a "rheo?"

And is there any limit to the number of fans that can be connected to a fan only connector? (If this question sounds naive I am just making sure I understand what I think I understand.)

We recommend using only 3 fans to the 'fan only' connectors. This is mostly as a safety precaution. When a fan locks up it draws a lot more power then when it's working properly, so the fear is overloading the wiring/connectors.

AntecRep

If I recall correctly, there are only two leads for the fan only connectors (of course, you can split them and what not though). It is a very neat feature, but I'd sure stay away from putting your CPU fan on there!! It varies the speed by SYSTEM temp (I believe actually that it has a sensor in the PSU itself, does it not AntecRep??) not CPU temp. Your system temp might be nice and cool while your processor is burning up...so best not to cool the processor according to what the case temp is. On the other hand, its a very handy thing for case fans!!

Well, that comment wasn't aimed directly at you. It was to be general info, and was put down on wax because, from the wording of his post, it sounds like Mr Lemieux has attached his CPU cooling fan to those leads...

I could certainly be mistaken about that though.:burn:

I only connected it to the leads to see how it cut down on noise, as the CPU fan is the only real loud fan I have in my system.

garasaki said:
If I recall correctly, there are only two leads for the fan only connectors (of course, you can split them and what not though). It is a very neat feature, but I'd sure stay away from putting your CPU fan on there!! It varies the speed by SYSTEM temp (I believe actually that it has a sensor in the PSU itself, does it not AntecRep??) not CPU temp. Your system temp might be nice and cool while your processor is burning up...so best not to cool the processor according to what the case temp is. On the other hand, its a very handy thing for case fans!!
no wonder my ax7 with panaflo fan was overheating! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back