• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo w raid problem help pls i beg u

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdsaint3

how do i disable the raid controller on boot up..everytime i boot up.. the raid controller/driver loads... i dont want to use raid.. i've deleted the driver from windows xp and disabled it..but it still shows up during boot up what can i do?? my board is k7vta3 v3.. thnks..how do i configgure windows xp to stop recognizing the hardware found to be renewed?? thnks

Here is a pic of the mobo...do you have the cable plugged into the blue ide interface?
k7vta3_3x.jpg

yes! one on the black one on the blue...none on the yellow... raid still shows up during boot up.. im hoping there is way i can swithc off in bios or somwer..thnks... pls help..thanks flaunder for going to the extent of showing the pic :) would you have an idea how i can swith it off?

Well, my computer scans for raid when I boot, but when it doesn't find anything, it just moves on. What does yours do?

yes it scans on boot.. then shows no array defined.. press esc to continue to boot... is that normal for all onboard raid? or is there a way for me to stop that from showing.if thats normal then i guess i would have to live with it.. :) thnks

mdsaint3 said:
yes it scans on boot.. then shows no array defined.. press esc to continue to boot... is that normal for all onboard raid? or is there a way for me to stop that from showing.if thats normal then i guess i would have to live with it.. :) thnks
I tried to access the manual on the ecs website, but the link is dead. All I can think of is look in there and see if there is either a jumper or a bios setting.
Good luck

thnks man... i have the manual here...wish i could ship it there :) couldnt see anyting in the manual re: raid.. thnks again..i guess its really like this.. thnks again..

im using the same board

im using the raid now but for a month or so i wasn't
--when i wasn't i also tried to get rid of the "RAID scan" but no luck

it would go through the exact same thing yours went through ...scan...press ESC..etc....(only took about 15 seconds though so i just got used to it)

if u have figured it out by now let me know

thanks

thnks.. alreay found that out :)... i just wait for it.. i dont even press esc :) thanks again.. what cpu u running on it? hows it so far?? doing well here..

im running a 1700xp with 512 DDR
GF3 Ti500

i havent had any problems with anything

like i said in an earlier post ... for the price its pretty much a perfect MB

i mean come on...its PURPLE

peace

There is no Bios setting to bypass the raid detect. No setting for CPUFAN1 detect either. I wish I could disable that! I have a Swiftech on the CPU with a fan connected to a molex and my Glaciator connected to CPUFAN1!

Other than that gripe I am very happy with the board. Works better than the Shuttle AK35GTR I tried.

Back