• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech Q-Power Impressions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlingXShot

Well I got this and spend 2 hours just disassembling and back to look around it. All I can I can say Wow to this case. This case is huge...very very wide...very tall...

this case accepts any size mobo....it has 7-8 smaller bays like for HDDs
what they did they put those 2 bays near the back of the case...away of course from the mobo space..but all the way on top right below the PSU on the left...since this is case is insanly wide there was this space for 2-3 more HDD spaces..i think 3 not sure.

now this case has 4 120mm fans, very low noise, huge fans, biggest i ever seen. Two cooling the Radiator... 240mm big..on the back on case fan in front of case (with 2 filters ) and one on the left side of the case.

THen this case came with some addional stuff have no idea what it is..but i know one big metal someone said is for if u puting a server mobo with lots of memory this thign will hold something, so this case includes bunch of server stuff.

Now what else I like about this case..is that all the metal pads, right one, left one, and top are all removable...the left one has huge thumb screws...thats where u would access all of the computer..

What else is cool...the water cooling adjustments..like additing water..is nicely hidden in this case...so you have to unscrew the right pad to get access it and this side doesn't have big thumb screws because its not a common thing to unscrew.

The case is 40lbs..so it will likely reach 60lbs with all the stuff in it.

The case has ventalation holes all around so the heat could escape easily from the case.

Another thing is that the water cooling is all preinstalled and the water pump doesn't connect to the power supply, so it won't drain power from the PSU instead from an electrical outlet, a seperate power source..and i heard that pump pulls 20watts...

it comes enuf screws for 3 cases..bunch of other extra stuff...it comes with that new artic silver thermal compound...still artic silver 2/3 is better.

complete guide how to install the water cooling if u want to take out the water cooling from this case and install to another case. comes with tools to easily take it out and put it in...

Also for those people who buying a mobo with onboard sound and video it comes with 2 different back panels the metal ones that the PS2 port sticks thru etc. Also other stuff but i dunno what the hell they r for.

Well I give it 10/10

and for fedex or store..i give 1/10 because someone sat on it or something and bent the top I spend 2 hours just unbending the metal.

I have the same case with their watercooling kit. I bought the case & watercooling kit seperate. I am also very happy with it.

The only thing different is that mine does not have the side intake case fan, i am going to add one to it. Also i just got done painting it black so it would match my monitor.

I love my Quiet Power. You may want to add filter for the blowhole. It won't affect your temps and will reduce both the noise level and dust.

After adding a couple of extra hot running X15 Cheetahs and dealing with the hot summer temps, I swapped out the Mechatronics fans with 69 CFM Panaflows. While the cooling is better, it’s not quiet anymore. It’s time to build some voltage regulators.

The extra hardware is for supporting the memory expansion card used on some Xeon motherboards. It also adds structural integrity to the case to meet Intel’s specs for a certified server case.

Back