• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is best GeForce 2 ultra or GeForce 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cerial_Killer

Registered
I upgrading from a 3d prophet 2 mx to a newer video card. I would like to stick to the geforce line of products preferably Hercules. Just need a few suggestions about which one is best for the money. and fps. thanks

Hercules is good, nice and blue. Like my motherboard :). Anyways, the Geforce2 Ultra will give you higher framerates at lower resolutions, and Geforce3 will give you higher framerates at higher resolutions. Plus it has many more features that the Geforce2 Ultra does not. I am not sure of any I will ever use, but they do have it.

only future will tell; if game-programmers will start using the nfinite fx-engine, geforce2 wel be blown away... :'(

The Stickie (Jul 31, 2001 09:15 a.m.):
only future will tell; if game-programmers will start using the nfinite fx-engine, geforce2 wel be blown away... :'(

Not only will they, they already are... numerous games are slated for release in the coming year (as I've recently learned) that utilize all that the geforce 3 has to offer. Buying now, like myself, is not suggested. I had the dough to blow, but if you really want performance now get an Ultra.

Mick said:
By the time programmers use all the features on GF 3 GF 4 will arrive a monopoloy?:rolleyes:

I hope not... that would mean I wasted money and I don't want to hear that...

talk to the hand...

:cool:

I agree the G2 ultra is a great deal and when the G3 ultra comes out it will be a good time to make an upgrade to a G3 (if you have some of those games the G3 will optimize) it will be cheaper atleast.

I am currently am in the process of finding and buying the best G2 ultra for what I want.

Overlock it fry ;) it and buy a G3 in 8-14 months!

Back