• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't see some websites

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

new_novice

Hi guys,
I have a small problem and have been pulling my hair out, I got a small Lan at home, about 8 computers or so, connected to the internet using Pacbell service, using Win98 computer as gateway, and the rest connect through that. (modem to computer, computer to switch, the rest to switch) anyways, it seems that only the gateway can see all of the internet, the rest of the computer can't access some websites, for instance, this forum. So I'm tying this at the gateway computer. DNS is set to whatever the gateway is set to only different is their 192.168.x.x IPs. So any help is appreciated. Remember it can access the internet, I can play RTCW on them, just some websites either takes forever to load and then come up to say the usuall address not found and such.

u need a router.
sounds like that software u are using to share the net is not allowing the access. give me more detail as to what u are using.

Manually put in PacBell's primary and secondary DNS servers on the other PCs. Should clear it right up.

Jon said:
Manually put in PacBell's primary and secondary DNS servers on the other PCs. Should clear it right up.
dont think its DNS issue, he said it can go to some sites. I would like to know what is he using to share internet. I had some problems with winproxy before.

Try and ping the websites that you cannot reach from those boxes. In any case, it almost seems your ICS installation is slightly corrupted. Could either be the clients or the server.

had that same exact problem and it was my MTU settings on the other computers in my LAN. have no idea where i got it but a program called tweakdun fixed it hehe.

Back