• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Was So Stupid Bying A Soyo Motherbord...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipro5

:rolleyes: I was ALWAYS used to work and have ASUS Mobos.I built systems for other people and me as well...I had Asus P3B-F Mobo (slot 1-440BX),Asus CUSL2-C(FCPGA-815e---still have this one-the best-),Asus TUSL2-C(FCPGA-2-815e)....I have built systems with Gigabyte(sucks),Jetway,MSI,QDI,Abit,Soyo,e.c.t....I recenly decide to "double cross" Asus Mobos for my self and built a system with the "brand new" SOYO P4S DRAGON ULTRA(SIS 645),Pentium 4 1,6A,2x256Mb Corsair XMS2700 DDR(Very good)....That mobo wasn't very bad but the Company(Soyo) was...(I now boutgh an ASUS Mobo again P4B533-E---sorry Asus for "double crossing you...it won't happen again)....First Isent them an e-mail(SOYO) writing them about a problem that I had about their Hardware Monitor(No matter what always showes 42-46C---even if you turn off the fan and the temperature goes at 65C(with external thermometer),that monitor showes 43C...Anyways nevermind...Then I sent them an e-mail asking them what about the USB 2.0 PCI card they telling you'll get(I've registered to them on site my product)....Here are my e-mails :

What shall I write now for begining???...I've sent you some other e-mails but I did't receive any answer yet?...What's wrong???...Either you propably do not give the USB card you say in your site(for commercial reasons) or you do not have any other stock of them or what??? I've sent you the first e-mail(of them) at 28-6-2002 and till now......nothing....Anyways,thanks for your convenience.....and I won't bouther you any more...
----- Original Message -----
To: SOYO Support2
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 3:41 PM
Subject: Re-e-mail...

Hello AGAIN...On 6/28/2002 I sent you this e-mail (
Hello again from Greece.

I'm George Theologou and I want to ask you two questions.

1. I own a Soyo P4S Dragon Ultra and I've registered my product to your company waiting for the USB 2.0 Card to send it to me but....nothing!!!

2.What is the PCI and the AGP Bus when I have put clock frequency 130 MHz?

Thanks for reading me

George Theologou)

and I didn't receive any answer.....Am I doing something wrong or what?

Thanks for reading me again

George Theologou.

STILL GOT NOOOOO ANSWER............

Take a look at their site about their BONUS...
http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=6

ANYWAYS I BUILT a new system with an ASUS P4B533-E and at last I'm very happy about that......

What's your opinion about SOYO???:mad:

Did you ever try contacting Asus? They don't answer anybody. I've gotten answers from Soyo to my questions. But none of these companies are focused on the home user. There's too many questions coming in for any of them to respond to. Soyo ain't the greatest at customer support, but neither are the ever popular Abit and Asus.

DaveB said:
Did you ever try contacting Asus? They don't answer anybody. I've gotten answers from Soyo to my questions. But none of these companies are focused on the home user. There's too many questions coming in for any of them to respond to. Soyo ain't the greatest at customer support, but neither are the ever popular Abit and Asus.

Yes that's TOTALLY TRUE !!!!

I have sent many mails to Asus support about info for mem deviders of 3:4 for my P4B533-E....NO ANSWER

I found the solution to my problem....elsewhere
A guy found a mod for my board....;) and i'm very glad
cause now i have the mem bandwidth i needed

Asus doesn't need Tech support, their motherboards are so nice :). Soyo motherboards are pretty much a huge waste of $$$ :D.

I agree with all of you guys....But my real question is : WHAT ABOUT THE FREE USB 2.0 PCI CARD THEY SAY I'LL GET??????.....WHEN?????.... AS SOON AS WILL BE THE USB 10 ????.... :mad:

hipro5 said:
I agree with all of you guys....But my real question is : WHAT ABOUT THE FREE USB 2.0 PCI CARD THEY SAY I'LL GET??????.....WHEN?????.... AS SOON AS WILL BE THE USB 10 ????.... :mad:

Marketing trick ?.....:D

Back