• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is anyone out there using the TMD TS Tech fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
After another member posted on on of my post saying his mobo was picking up his YS Tech fan at 11000+RPM it made me wonder. So I uninstalled my Tornado and put my YS Tech on my MCX4000 and guess what, my mobo is reading it at 11000+RPM. Anyone else getting this?

Myself and the other member have two totally different systems mobos included, the only thing that is similar is the YS Tech TMD fan.

Here is a screen shot

I know its rated at 5600RPM but I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this?

that is a bug in MBM

the only fans that i know of that go at that speed are Delta 40mm Fans that produce around 20cfm of air.

Its not MBM its like that in the BIOS and with Hardware doctor. As I said I am not the only one that has experienced this. I just want to see how many more poeple have this going on. I know the fan is not spinning that fast, as I said before, its something with the fan itself that is reading RPMs wrong.

I am NOT worried about the RPM showing up like that. I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME! I know its not spinning that fast, I just am curious if others are reading like this and if its maybe a bug in the fan. I could give a hoot how it reads it, because I know its not running at 11000RPM. And as I said before its not MBM that has the glitch every other source reads it the same.

This is from Swiftech about the RPM reading on the TMD fan

False RPM readings: you are correct. I think YSTech is using the wrong RPM signal, but I am not sure about this. No question here, there is a bug

rlemieux said:
I am NOT worried about the RPM showing up like that. I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME! I know its not spinning that fast, I just am curious if others are reading like this and if its maybe a bug in the fan. I could give a hoot how it reads it, because I know its not running at 11000RPM. And as I said before its not MBM that has the glitch every other source reads it the same.
Hey, go easy on the poor guy! He's just trying to help you correct your display...

But you're certainly right -- this is a very strange bug, and as you point out later, it's safe to surmise that the fan is sending out the wrong type of signal. It might be that it doesn't have a standard configuration of hall sensors.

Interesting bug! -- Paul

Back