• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 2.26b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omniskillz

sup forum brothers and sisters.

my 2.26 is not from costa rica or malaysia... it is made in the phillippines.... pack date 06/19/2002 is this good , bad, or dunno? i got this from googlegear is that why it was the cheapest 2.26 around? heh someone inform me!
fpo/batch 7212b074
version a90798-001

omniskillz said:
sup forum brothers and sisters.

my 2.26 is not from costa rica or malaysia... it is made in the phillippines.... pack date 06/19/2002 is this good , bad, or dunno? i got this from googlegear is that why it was the cheapest 2.26 around? heh someone inform me!
fpo/batch 7212b074
version a90798-001

nah. googlegear isn't the kind of place that charges less or more for the country of origin. go to www.atacom.com for that.

It shouldn't make a difference where it was made. The core was probably made somewhere else anyway and assembled in the phillipines. Fire it up - you might have a great one! I'm cheering for you!:beer:

wee thanx ras, my own personal cheerleader!
the swiftech mcx 4000 is heavy!!! bottom is all copper
it comes with arctic silver alumina but i bought arctic silver 3... which is better? should i just use what it came with?
went to a damn lan this weekend, friggin raffle prize was visiontek geforce 4 4400 128mb... i was 10 #'s away from winning it! oh the agony! and the ra3 1v1 winner got a nice modded out lian-li case,,, i needed a case tooo!!! damn it all!

Re: Re: my 2.26b

Rasputin'sLiver said:

nah. googlegear isn't the kind of place that charges less or more for the country of origin. go to www.atacom.com for that.

It shouldn't make a difference where it was made. The core was probably made somewhere else anyway and assembled in the phillipines. Fire it up - you might have a great one! I'm cheering for you!:beer:

/me shakes his head!! .. Ras, you're not the only one to cheer him up, .. What's up omniskillz? .. dude, ignite that baby and join the 3ghz club :) ..

well im waiting on my samsung 1066 ram to put my pc together... im looking at the gigabyte 8ihxp manual and it says the system bus speed goes up to 156mhz, does not say max but thats where it stops, i dont see anything about agp/pci lock. and can anyone tell me if arctic alumina or silver 3 , which is better?

156mhz is max!!!!!!!!! damn... 2.26 @ 156mhz is what speed? i dont wanna get a new mobo =( i spent alot on this ... wee sucks to be me, no i am not my avatar, that is bonnie my friend =p

should i return this 2.26 and get a 1.8a instead.... 1.8a @ 156 mhz would be arounf 2.8ghz
2.26 @156 is only 2.6... what do you guys think?

omniskillz said:
should i return this 2.26 and get a 1.8a instead.... 1.8a @ 156 mhz would be arounf 2.8ghz
2.26 @156 is only 2.6... what do you guys think?

Wow - That is pretty good pack date and week code to come from googlegear. They don't seem to turn their inventory as quickly as some other online vendors and usually I hear of them shipping older chips at lower prices. :)

I did see over on another site that some phillipine chips were showing up now and doing quite well.

156X17=2652Mhz :beer:

texasfit said:

Wow - That is pretty good pack date and week code to come from googlegear. They don't seem to turn their inventory as quickly as some other online vendors and usually I hear of them shipping older chips at lower prices. :)

I did see over on another site that some phillipine chips were showing up now and doing quite well.

156X17=2652Mhz :beer:
y does the 2.26b use a 17 multiplyer? shouldnt it be 22x?

omniskillz said:
no man 17 x 133 is 2.26 remember the b's use 133mhz bus to start out heh
stupid me, I forgot about that haha:D
I think my brain is underclocked.:beer:

Last edited:
Omni, what mobo do you have??? You posted an Intel board in your signature. If this is a true Intel brand mobo, I don't think they will overclock. Or do you mean it's an Intel chipset?

batboy said:
Omni, what mobo do you have??? You posted an Intel board in your signature. If this is a true Intel brand mobo, I don't think they will overclock. Or do you mean it's an Intel chipset?
I think that the intel board is on the current P3 system. Mentioned the gigabyte 8ihxp in a later post.

Back