• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

liquid cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

hey i am on a pretty tight budget and i am thinking of doing liquid cooling but i dont know what to buy so if you guys could sugest radiators pumps and resavors that would be great and remeber please tight budget

got any machining skills and access to a metalworking shop? if so, build your own blocks.

if you dont, I might suggest a gemini cpu waterblock, Via Aqua 1300 pump, and an 89 Camaro heatercore for a radiator. that plus tubing and fans should only run you around $100 shipped...

he has said some good stuff there, ill back him up for all but the gemini, they are pretty good but very restrictive...
im not up to dates on price, but i think becooling has some decent blocks... not too expencive....

yeah i want to get my video card water cooled also i am going to do some major overclocking

I highly recommend buying your waterblock and other stuff at Dtek

The Spiral and TC-4 are both some of the best commercial blocks. They also have great support.

FOr a radiator, any heatercore will do the job. The only question is how big of a heatercore are you able to fit in your case.
(The most popular HEatercores right now are the Camaro '89 & Chevette '86 - The chevette is the smallest HC I've seen at a resonable price;) )

Pump - any of these:
-Eheim (silent and reliable)
-Danner (silent and reliable- little leaking problem unless you seal it up)
-Maxijet (very cost efficent - and good performer)
-Viaaqua (very, very cheap - very reliable, but the materials aren't the best)
Deciding which to choose is up to how much ur willing to spend how heavydudy they need to be, Danner and ehaim are the toughest)

For the waterblock, I'm going with the maze3. I've been looking at that one, and it looks like a quality product :D. As for the pump, I'm going with the eheim. Not sure which one yet, though.

Do you really need a resavor (sp?)? Is that necessary for a watercooling setup?

i was looking at the dteks but i was wondering now if i buy a kit is it cheaper or if i buy it sperately it sit mroe expensive and yes it want to know if a resvoir is needed?

If I was on a tight budget as you , this is what i'd get:

An original TC-4
Dtek Heatercore
here
And an assembled Via Aqua 1300

Then run out to home-depot and get some Duct Tape for ur shrouds for Heatercore and get 10 Feet of Silicone 1/2" Id tubing.

Everything is pretty much ready to setup and I think it the cheapest and best performing setup you can build. Good start fr a beginner. :beer:

I would get the block from an online vendor if you don't have access to machining tools, but as far as the pump and heatercore goes, go down to you local pet supply store and see what they have to offer on pumps (Ehiem, Via aqua, Danner...) and the heatercore can be purchased at just about any auto parts store.

b8ng8 said:
If I was on a tight budget as you , this is what i'd get:

An original TC-4
Dtek Heatercore
here
And an assembled Via Aqua 1300

Then run out to home-depot and get some Duct Tape for ur shrouds for Heatercore and get 10 Feet of Silicone 1/2" Id tubing.

Everything is pretty much ready to setup and I think it the cheapest and best performing setup you can build. Good start fr a beginner. :beer:

cant i just buy shrouds and umm i have a window in my case so i want it to be pretty also

maskedgeek said:
yes reconsider, or at least get it coppertopped

I'm over at D-tek (like everybody talked about) and I'm looking at the "Poly Topped Copper Spir@l Waterblock". Would this be a good choice, one of the best? I heard people saying good things about spir@ls...

i think the siral is good cause the watter comes down right over the core then flows around instead of just going by it after already toughing even though all the watter is for is to cool the copper block

So, I'm looking at this right now. Is it for a Socket A processor? How can you tell? And, how does this one fit on? With hangers, or bolts?

im not sure but if you read it says it comes with mounrting and it is for sokcet a processors and the system i am water cooling is in my signature

Back