• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Format and fresh install.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exar Jun

How often do you guys format your drive and start over with a fresh install of your os. I just updated about everything in my rig and I am getting ready to start over with a clean drive.

I try to do a format about once every few months. I have a ghosted image of a clean XP install. That way I dont have to put up with activation if I have to do a few installs in a short period of time. Plus it only takes me about 5 minutes to re-image.

is a clean format like that even needed once every two years I doubt it if you keep it clean etc... plus I have alot of files etc.. on the computer that I would hate to have to back up etc... seems pointless

I do a fresh install about twice a month. It keeps the system running nice and smooth.:D It seems like any Windows product eventually just runs like poopie.

Back