• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gromacs WU's for windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
guha from stanford:

Hi,
We've got some Gromacs work units for Windows in circulation. What we're getting back from Linux machines looks good.
Guha

so... if you get any please post here:D and if you can include part of the log for the gromacs unit.. hopefully this is a sign of things to come and gromacs will be in full circulation soonn!!

FOLD ON
NAS

two interesting things from guha from stanford:

server .115 will be offline a short while (~ 1 hr.)
115 will be back only late today. We're setting up a large run of new Gromacs work units on it, and this is taking longer than expected. Sorry for the delay.

so if you were/are having problems with 115 there's why and if you are interested on news about gromacs... there ya do:D

FOLD ON
NAS

IceMan3928 said:
evidently i havent been keeping up with the current folding news, what are gromacs?

Gromacs is the new folding core (FAHcore_78.exe) GROMACS provides extremely high performance compared to all other programs. For some calculations, gromacs affords benefits over the current code in FAH (the current code is based on Jay Ponder's Tinker), especially a great speed increase (perhaps up to 10x-20x). This will substantially increase the power of FAH for many calculations.

you can find out lots more info here- http://folding.stanford.edu/gromacs.html

and also here- http://www.gromacs.org/

basically it is the future of folding and will allow for the folding project to do things that were thought impossible to do!!

hope this helps

FOLD ON
NAS

Last edited:
IceMan3928 said:

im not sure exactly what this says but does this mean there is now SSE2 support in FAH allowing p4's to fold at the speed of an athlon?

For example, it uses the SSE instructions on Pentiums to get a 3x speed increase. 3D-Now! is supported on AMD chips. Altivec is supported on Macs.

so yeah the pentiums will be sped up quite a bit, but athlons might be too, right now it is hard to say until we have a few numbers to go by.

FOLD ON
NAS

Last edited:
Back